Like a fitness site, but for brains.
Study Swami integrates an academic skill-building learning system into your retention program.
Here is an overview of the content on Study Swami:
Going to Class
- Tricks for paying attention
- Taking notes in class
Taking Notes In General
- Systems (SQ3R, Cornell)
- Summarizing and reviewing
- Graphic organizers
Study Process: Every Day Routine
Preparing for Exams, Tests, and Quizzes
- What's the difference?
- How to study for each
Motivation and Attitude
- Advantages of adopting a growth mindset
- Becoming a Self-Regulated Learner
Plus: Specific Advice for Different Types of Courses and Assignments
- Expository writing
- Math, science, and engineering
- Projects and long papers
- How the mind learns and why these techniques work
- What exactly are concepts? How do we tackle learning difficult abstract ideas?
- How to solve problems
- How to have a successful group project
- Can be used after any assignment or assessment
- Promotes a thoughtful approach